Send us an email
Opening hours

Mo-Fr: 7:30-16:00

20 years of experience
E-shop
We sell products of:

DENSO, Stanadyne, Delphi, VDO (Continental), LUCAS, Fratelli Bosio, Redat, Firad, SpacoR, Rabotti, Iperdiesel, Seven diesel, Italské náhradní díly

  • Facebook Social Icon

@2019, T.A.D. Praha, s.r.o. 

Early beginnings of DELPHI Automotive can be traced to the New Departure Bell Company established in Bristol 1888, a manufacturer of the first doorbells.  Other predecessors of Delphi were producing headlights and wooden bodyworks. In 1908 Albert Champion (manufacturer of spark plugs) went to work for the Buick Motor Co. and started AC Spark Plug Division, which has been later on bought by founder of General Motors Billy Durant. Durant also made an acquisition of Dayton Engineering Laboratories, which later on became Delco in 1914. Another revolutionary invention of Delphi´s predecessors was a self-starting engine, presented in 1912 by Charles F. Kettering and firstly used in Cadillac cars.

 

In 1991 GM united production of spare part in more than 200 factories into Automotive Components Group (ACG). Group has sells over 19,3 billion dollars, but still was showing a loss. So executives of GM decided to sell all but a backbone companies in 3 years, as it happened. Headlight, chassis, battery, engine control and seat production was preserved.

 

In January 1995 ACG has been renamed as Delphi Automotive and since then it started to create it´s new identity. In that time DELPHI has 6 divisions and sales went up to 27 billion dollars. DELPHI introduced its new thin production of a Japanese style and started its transformation to a global distributor, with main target on Asian and Oceanian markets. While DELPHI Europe acquired huge share of market 47% of clients, out of GM and its subcontractors. In that time DELPHI was employing 38 000 employees in 63 factories worldwide, GM was responsible for 80% of company’s global profits. Part of the company GM Delco was transferred under DELPHI in 1997.

 

In 1999 GM offered 17.7% of DELPHI shares for free trading, which ensured 1.7 billion dollars of profit. This transformation finished in March 1999 meant that newly created independent company was twice as big as Visteon Corporation divided from Ford.

DELPHI Diesel Systems started its activities in the field of injection systems in January 2000 by buying Diesel Systems Division of LucasVarity. From then on DELPHI invests in this perspective industry. These investments lead to the most progressive injection systems, like COMMON-RAIL and EUI (UIS, PD, Pump-nozzle).       

 

Manufacturers using DELPHI systems:

Caterpillar, Cummins, Citroen, Dacia, Desta, Fiat, Ford, Hyundai, Jaguar, John Deere, Kia, Land Rover, Lancia, LDV-Leyland DAF, Mercedes-Benz (Daimler AG)), Mitsubishi, New Holland, Nissan, Opel, Perkins, Peugeot, Renault, Rover, Skoda, Suzuki, SsangYong, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo, Volvo Trucks, VW.

 

Most important factories of DELPHI Diesel Systems world-wide are situated in France, GB, Germany, Spain, Romania, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Turkey, USA and others.

 

Important products made by Delphi Diesel Systems group:

  • Fuel pumps DPA, DPG, DP200, DP210, DP310,

  • Common rail systems DCR1400, DCR1600, DCR1800,

  • systems Pump-Nozzle (EUI - electronic controled pump) A0, A1, A3, E1, E3,

  • systems Pump-Lead nozzle (systems SMART, EUP-SMART),

  • One and Two-staged mechanical injectors

Specialists in high pressure fuel injection components, original parts and Italian spare parts & test benches for injection systems of petrol and diesel engines